Group Antenatal Classes (Maximum 8 couples) £70 per couple
The course is run over 3 sessions to help prepare you for your childbirth experience
Labour & Birth
- Understanding the journey of birth for you, your partner and your baby
- Developing faith in your body and belief in yourself
- Recognising labour
- Positions for labour and birth
- Role of birth partner
- Managing pain
- Importance of birth environment
- Medical interventions e.g. induction, caesarean, forceps, ventouse
Postnatal issues/early days with a new baby
- Early moments following birth
- Looking after yourself
- Coming home – the midwife/health visitor role
- Feeding your baby
- Understanding changes in lifestyle and relationships
Practical postnatal issues and relaxation
- Baby care – handling, soothing, dressing, bathing and skincare, safe sleeping guidelines, nappy care.
- Birth plans
- Relaxation techniques
Other classes held at 27 New Street, Hinckley, LE10 1QZ
See tummy2mummy face book page for dates
our classes are taken by
midwives/health professionals that
hold a diploma in baby massage
Touch is baby’s first “language”. Touching, holding hugging and kissing promotes secure attachment between parent and child.
A baby’s motor development start from the head and moves down to the toes in the first year. Baby massage helps to develop body awareness and coordination as well as strengthening and toning muscles.
classes for babies from 6 weeks old
- Trapped wind and colic
- Teething pain
- Blocked nose
- Skin to skin contact, stimulating the release of oxytocin
- Improved quality of sleep
- Regulation and strengthening of baby’s digestive and respiratory systems
- Stimulation of circulatory and nervous systems
Group classes run over four weeks, and we build on the massage stroke repertoire in each session. It takes time for babies to get used to the feeling of being massaged, so we will gradually increase the length of the massage each week.
Scales are available to have your baby weighed and as trained health professionals we can document weights in your baby`s growth booklet.
You will be supplied with oil and a hand out with all the strokes explained and pictured. Lots of time for questions with updated research evidence answers. Classes are limited to 8 babies.
Private 1-2-1 sessions and small private group classes can be arranged. Clinic or home
What to bring
- A blanket or towel for baby to lie on
- Baby’s favourite toy
- What ever else you normally pack when bringing baby out
- 4 week course £30 – 1 hour sessions, include massage oil, handouts, baby weight recorded and refreshments for mummies
- 1-2-1 £30 per 1.5 hour session
- Home visits £35 per 1.5 hour session
Positive/ Hypno birthing evenings
6pm – 8pm, cost £10 per person session
Open discussion regards expectaions for labour/birth
Relaxation techniques for pregnancy ,labour and birth- we teach you to use a combination of self hypnosis techniques, deep relaxation and guided visualization to help you overcome fears, create a state of calm and relaxation, maintain your health, increase bonding with your baby and maximise your bodies potential.
One of the main keys to a successful labour is being calm, relaxed and feeling in control.
Aqua Natal Classes
Specialist pregnancy exercise classes in water. Classes are fun and informative with a social networking group. Classes held at Hinckley Leisure Centre Thursdays 7pm -8pm run by midwives call leisure centre on 01455 610011 to book.
Baby First Aid evenings
6pm – 9pm, cost £20 per person or £30 per couple or £50 one to one in your home.
The class is run by first aid trained Alison’s Aid and will include:
- Recognising basic illness, meningitis, managing and coping.
- Chocking and burns.
- Resuscitation of the baby and child.
£35 per hour session at Tummy2mummy
Research has shown that women who have reflexology during their pregnancies are more likely to give birth at full term and have shorter labours requiring less pain-relief. Other known benefits of reflexology during pregnancy are:
- Relief from morning sickness and nausea
- Relief from sciatic pain and backache
- Reduction of swelling in ankles and general fluid retention
- Relief of stress and anxiety
- Helping to lower high blood pressure
- Helping with insomnia and lack of sleep
- Turning a breech baby
- Preparation for labour
Aromatherapy and Indian head massages also available. During treatments advice regards safe oils in pregnancy will be given, performed by Midwife Wendy wilkinson
£35 hour session
Remedial & Pregnancy Massage specialising in musculoskeletal pain management esp for conditions such as neck, back, shoulder, Pelvic, hip pain, headaches and migraines, anxiety, stress, depression and insomnia, arthritis, tendonitis, joint pain, relief from cramp, spasm and muscle soreness, sports performance enhancement and injury management, pre and post natal care. performed by Simone Moore Qualified in pregnancy massage